Research Publication Grant Program aims to promote the research culture at AIOU by enhancing the research publications by the researchers of AIOU. Following two types of publication grants are considered under this program:
- Research Article
- Book Writing Grant
- The Research Publication Grant shall be applicable to employees who are working at AIOU on regular basis/TTS/contract.
- The first author and corresponding author of research article/book shall be eligible to apply for this grant. In case the status of corresponding author is not clarified in article/book then first and second authors shall be eligible for the award.
- In case first author is student, then second author and corresponding author of research article shall be eligible for this grant. In case the status of corresponding author is not clarified in article/book, then second and third author shall be eligible for the award.
- In case one of the first four authors is student with AIOU affiliation, an award in separate category will be conferred to him.
- HEC criteria for journals will be applied for evaluation/consideration of the publications.
- AIOU authors will get their proportionate share.
- Maximum three research papers will be considered for each applicant. Books shall be counted separately.
- The Research Publication Grant shall only be applicable to employees who are working at AIOU on regular basis/TTS/contract.
- Name/ affiliation of author(s) with AIOU in the publication is pre-requisite for availing this grant.
- This grant shall be given upon the print publication of the Article/Book except where there is only online version of journal/book released.
- The book should have minimum 150 pages.
- It should be published by any reputed publisher.
- Thesis re-published in book format shall not be considered.
- Book should have been peer-reviewed.
- Books recognized by HEC with HEC equivalence certificate shall be considered only.
- Book with HEC equivalence certificate of one (01) Research Article will get award money equal to the category and if equivalent to two (02) research articles then shall get award money equal to two times of category amount.
- The applicant shall submit the hard copy of Book.
b) Amount of Grant
- Grant against research article publication in National or International journals is as follow:
|Type of Publication||Amount Rs.|
|Book||As per HEC equivalence|
|Impact Factor Journals||30,000/-|
|HEC Recognized National Journals||W-Category 30,000/-|
|X- Category 25,000/-|
|Y- Category 20,000/-|
|Z- Category (for languages only/upto June 2020) 15,000/-|
Student awardees will receive special award of Rs. 10,000/- in W category Publication and Rs. 5,000/- in X and Y category publications.
- If research article(s) or book(s) is written by more than one author, the external author shall not be eligible to receive incentive award.
c) Documents required
- The front and back cover of the journal/issue.
- Reprint of the research article
- Proof of journal’s HEC category/ Impact Factor in Journal Citation Report at the time of publication.
- Certificate that no remuneration was received against the said research article from any other institution.
- In case of journals having online versions only, the print of the main web page along with list of articles and reprint of research article from the website.
d) Following documentary proofs for book publication shall be submitted:
- HEC equivalence certificate
- Cover page and back cover of the book
- Table of contents of book
- Publisher’s website home page print
- Similarity index certificate (generated in Turnitin) that should be less than 19%.
- Two (2) sample chapters
- Peer-review certificate/proof
- Certificate that no remuneration was received against the said book from any other institution.