- To encourage AIOU young faculty under the age of 45 years, AIOU Best Young Researcher Award (AIOU BYRA) shall be given on yearly basis to one of the faculty members from each faculty.
- The award shall consist of a cash prize of PKR. 0.05 Million with a certificate of recognition/appreciation by the Vice Chancellor.
- Following the seniority of the faculty, an academic department can forward a maximum of two applications per year.
- ORIC shall invite, receive and scrutinize the application(s) with the recommendations of respective HOD and consent of the Dean concerned.
- Final selection/approval for the university best young researcher of the year shall be made by AIOU URSC. The Director QEC and Director BASR should be invited as special members.
- Once the award is granted, the winner shall not apply for the next 2 years.
- In case of tie, seniority shall be observed, and senior faculty member shall be preferred for the Award.
- Following shall be the criteria for merit consideration:
|1||External/Internal funded Projects supervised as PI during the year||10 for each project (maximum 20)||20|
|2||Research papers published in HEC recognized ISI journals||05 for each (maximum 30)||30|
|3||Text Book Published||05||05|
|4||Author of a chapter in a published book||05||05|
|5||Commercialization of R&D output||2.5 for each (maximum 05)||05|
|6||Industry Collaboration Established/MoU Signed||05 for each (maximum 10)||10|
|7||MS/MPhil students supervised or graduated||2.5 for each (maximum 10)||10|
|8||PhD Students Graduated/Under Supervision||2.5 for each (maximum 10)||10|
|9||Volunteering/Community Services||2.5 for each (maximum 05)||05|
|At least 70% score shall be required to apply for the AIOU BYRA|